Thursday, May 31, 2012

Harbour Party


Sydney Harbour lit up at night.
For our lone night in Sydney we were able to do pretty much what we wanted. Some of the group went souvenir shopping, others took in the night life and many of the K-Staters went sightseeing in the beautiful Harbour City.

The main highlight of the night was when the entire tour group went on a boat cruise across Sydney Harbour.

Photographs were prevalent for our mob of Wildcats. In fact, I took over 500 pictures while we floated about the harbour.

Maybe someday my sister will be singing here. 
I couldn't help but think of my little sister, Lydia, who is an aspiring opera singer when we cruised past the Sydney Opera House several times. Lydia is currently a vocal performance student at Oklahoma State University and she is spending her summer in Eureka Springs, Arkansas, with Opera In The Ozarks. Maybe someday I can watch her perform at this world famous venue, but until now I'll just have to share the photos with her.

On the cruise we dined on a set three-course menu. Since we are in one of the world's most highly populated area for fish I had the red snapper. I'm not a huge fan of most fish, although I love to catch them, but the red snapper was NTS (not too shabby).

We're getting excited for our final stop in Cairns.
The Harbour Bridge was another major structure in the area I enjoyed photographing because of its sheer size and relative location to the Opera House.

I think I can say without a doubt that we did not get to spend enough time in the wonderful city of Sydney. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll have the opportunity to comeback in the future, but until now I'm looking forward to soaking up some sun in tropical Cairns.

Until next time, happy trails!  

No comments:

Post a Comment