Saturday, May 19, 2012

Leaving On A Jet Plane


Striking a pose with my fantasy football championship trophy.
I'm officially a graduate of Kansas State University!

Now just a week later I'm about to embark on a great adventure across land and sea to Australia. I've been prepping for this trip for my entire life. In the past months I've studied up on various agricultural and cultural topics in Australia, and I can now say the wait is almost over.

I do wish that I could have blogged about a few other topics like my dogs (two Australian Shepherds and a half-Australian Cattle Dog), music (a comparison of Red Dirt and Australian Country), and much, much more.

I might get tired of dragging around my luggage.
Just this past week I've gotten even more excited to travel Down Under after reading about other K-State groups traveling abroad. Agricultural communications and journalism students are enjoying a tour of England. The animal science equine group is also across the pond in the United Kingdom. Grain science is in Europe too, where they are traveling around Germany and Switzerland

I've packed my bags, which took a lot more time than I anticipated. It didn't help I had to go through all of the boxes I brought back from Manhattan to make sure that no clothing, technology or other essential items were left behind in Greenwood County.

Well on Monday, I'll be leaving on a jet plane (actually three different planes) for Australia and I'll be back again on June 1st.


Until next time, happy trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment