Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Australia In My Rearview

Wish I could have spent more time in Sydney.
The time has come for me to reflect on my visit to Australia.

From our tourist stops in Cairns and Sydney to the agriculture visits along the Great Dividing Range, our group of K-Staters got a great taste of Australia.

However, I found myself wanting more. More time to explore the world class city of Sydney. More time to visit Ayers Rock in the center of the country. More time to see a massive cattle station in Southern Australia. More time to see a live export ship near the port in Perth. But time and money are both in short supply for college students, so I'll just have to go back when I strike it rich (knock on wood).

It was great to learn about the different genetics in Australia.
This trip allowed me to better myself as an agricultural journalist. The daily blogs forced me to think about what I had just learned, but also what would be important to my readers back home. I asked as many questions as possible to aid in the process of understanding the differences in the agriculture systems in Australia and the United States. It also didn't hurt that I took thousands of pictures and recorded video on our trek across the eastern side of Australia.

I already miss being in Australia with my fellow Wildcats.
It was a great time on our trip getting to know my fellow Wildcats better, while also learning about a country, continent and island I've always dreamed of visiting. Now I can say "mission accomplished" and hope that someday I'll be back.

Until next time, happy trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment